Friday, January 25

A Lad For A Day

So, I ended up going to the game and absolutely loving it! Not just because we won 5-1, but the whole experience and atmosphere all and all was amazing.

I decided, if I'm going, I may as well go all out and really get into the spirit of it all, drink a pint, shout scrap at the ref and generally just be a lad for the day, but much to my surprise, I totally loved it. Whenever a goal is scored, the overwhelming sensation of the entire stadium elevating and cheering is just something else.

I learnt a few things too (not the off-side rule how ever, but I'm getting there) as well as the fact that West Ham fans are very rowdy. Arsenal fans are much quieter, being dubbed the 'library fans' but when the team is slacking they do pipe up for the motivation and boost that they need. Once Arsenal scored about 3 goals in 15 minutes, the cockiness of the West Ham fans slowly deteriorated, and they left in dribs and drabs throughout the second half (sore losers!)

Overall it was a great experience, and I would defintely reccomend it as something to do at least once in your life (trust me, I never thought I'd say that either). It's also a great present for a boyfriend/brother/father/grandfather/friend if they're into their football. You can't go wrong!
Plus it wasn't half as cold as I expected it to be, I guess 20 000 bodies makes a place pretty warm...


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment